"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snakes

I bought a treadmill recently and was worried that my niece and nephew (since they live downstairs in our basement apartment, they visit everyday!) being the toddlers that they are would hurt themselves playing on it. I have put the treadmill down past our dining room table down a few stairs, hoping it was far enough away from the kids that it wouldn't be a problem. We told them that the big cords coming from it were snakes. Naturally Hailey (she's almost 3) believed us and was terrified to even go down the stairs. Last night I was running on the treadmill, she came in the room and as soon as she saw me she said "Stace? Why are you running with the snakes?" It was so funny. I had to slow down so I didn't fall off because I was laughing so hard. What a cute girl. Hopefully she'll continue to believe the snakes are not good and keep away, but the poor girl was genuinely concerned about me.

I have to say also that I usually hate the way people say the word "sandwich" because often it sounds ridiculous and even worse when grown-ups say it like they're little kids "samich" for example. If your 4 its acceptable if your 24 - I want to punch you (not in a violent way though!!!!) Anyway, back to little Hailey, the other day she told me she wanted a "sandrich." I had to just laugh at that. I've never heard it that way before. It changed the way I feel about the word. I still hate "samich" but I'll deal with "sandrich."

Warning: Some might not like this next paragraph as it has to do with poo.

She is potty training now and the other day after using the bathroom she runs into the kitchen where I was and exclaimed quite loudly "I pooped, Stace!" the she looks right at me and says vehemently "Now.... it's Stacer's turn!!" I politely declined but again had to just laugh. What a little stinker. Sure do love her though!

Even though as kids get older they get into more trouble and take more work, the more they talk makes up for it sometimes. I love hearing what she has to say next.

1 comment:

Me said...

So cute! It reminded me of my nephew who calls the sacrament the "snack-ra-ment" So funny! Love kid's talk