"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Friday, March 19, 2010

Famous People

Ever wonder what you'd do if you bumped into a famous person? I always think about it. I was just talking to a friend about it today. It was good to get it out so I thought I'd share my thoughts here so I could move on to thinking about other silly things.

So picture it.... I'm standing in line at Target waiting to purchase a pair of shoes and I spy the gum stand. I reach across the way to grab a pack of Winter fresh Orbit gum and suddenly I grab at the same time as Ryan Reynolds (in my fictitious story he's not married to Scarlett Johansen and just single.) Now what to do? My theory is this: they don't always want to be recognized and always want people fawning all over them. So my thoughts are that I would try to act like I didn't know who he was. But, I would still apologize for bumping into his space and then I'd bat my eyes, just like I'd do with any other good looking young man, and from there he'd think "wow, she doesn't know who I am" and then "she's cute, I should get her number." Of course I would give it to him, I mean seriously, it's Ryan Reynolds for Pete's sake, from there of course we'd fall in love, get married and have pretty babies.

Now let's be realistic, even if we were living in a world where Ryan was not married, I'm not so graceful as I'd like to think. It'd probably go down like this: I reach for the gum. I bump into him, my chin drops to the floor, in my flustration, I ram my cart into the person in front of me in the line. That person will then run into the magazine stand which would go flying and magazines would be everywhere. I'd try to recover gracefully but to no avail. I will look like a bumbling idiot and the guy in front of me would be royally ticked off because I not only threw him on the ground but I'd just smashed the carton of eggs he had in his hands into his face. Oops. All I could hope for is a sense of humor in the eyes of whomever it is standing behind me that caused all the ruckus. Please, oh please, never let me run into a famous person at Target!!!

4 comments:

James and Virginia Henry said...

Stacie you are awesome! I miss hanging out with you!

Heather said...

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! I seriously just saw this who thing happen in my head!! Oh how I love you Stacie! (in a completely heterosexual way!)

Ben and Ashlee said...

hahaha.... that was a good story!

Lisa Elmer said...

Stacie, you are the funnest person I have ever known. The way you write stories. You would make your english teachers proud. And I for one would encourage as many funny stories and dreams that you can write. Love you always, Your Mom....