"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Zippers

I love zippers. I love the way it makes that zzzzzzzzzz sound. It reminds me of sleeping bags and tents on early camping mornings when mom would wake up first thing to get the hot cocoa going and start on breakfast.

It reminds me of fall and school. Getting books in and out of backpacks. That in turn reminds me of all of the fun I had walking to school my sophomore year in high school with Virginia. (You remember how it was Ginger!!) As well as those mornings in college when everyone was getting ready for class at the same time, and when Jena would very quietly zip up her backpack at 6 am trying not to wake me up.

Zippers remind me of kids getting all bundled up in their snow suits and parkas to go out and play in the snow and sipping hot chocolate afterwards.

It's silly I know, even more so because I'm blogging about it, but last night I took my jacket off and I heard the zipper and it made me happy just thinking how much I love the sound. That's life though, isn't it? Finding things, even little things, that make us happy.

So I'm just here telling the whole world (okay, I know the WHOLE world doesn't see this, but I mean my world) that I LOVE zippers and nobody can stop me.

3 comments:

The Redford Family said...

Love it!

James and Virginia Henry said...

I love the sound of zippers, too! Walking to school was fun, as were all the walks we took!

MB said...

Yes. Me too.