"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY!! It's one of my favorite holidays! I love everything about it. I love the hot air balloons that go off really early in the morning and the parade and craft show and I especially love it when the big fighter jets fly over. I love the fireworks and BBQ's. It's just such a wonderful holiday! I love this country despite our current struggles. I'm fiercely patriotic. Every time I hear the National Anthem or any patriotic song, I get choked up. I love the soldiers. Whenever I see anyone in military uniform I want to cry and go up and hug them for all that they have done for us. I support our soldiers 100% and always will.

This year on the fourth, we decided to pass on the parade because we didn't get out early enough to set up chairs and decided against all of the big crowds, but my mom and I did venture out around noon to go to the craft show they have every year downtown. We checked all of the booths. I found a bracelet that goes perfectly with one of my necklaces, that was exciting! We had lunch there, Pita Gyros and a fried twinkie (the twinkie was a little too sweet for our tastes but it was fun to try!) Afterwards, we came home and Ellis and Katrina came over to spend the day with us. Since it was so warm we set up Hailey's pool for the kids to play. However, I was really hot and the pool just isn't big enough for me! So we set up the sprinkler! My mom, Katrina and I all ran through it just like we used to do when we were little! It was so fun and cooled us off immensely. Mom cooked up an amazing BBQ! Steaks and chicken legs, corn on the cob and baked potatoes! It was incredible! I haven't had a steak that tender in a long time! Later Anthony and Ellis gave us a little fireworks show. You know, the good ol' fountain and shrill fireworks! Hailey loved them. After our show, the big show at the Stadium of Fire started and luckily we could see them from our backyard! So we watched the big fireworks show while eating ice cream cones. Hailey and Grandpa stayed inside and read books! She was getting so tired! All in all, it was a wonderful holiday and great day with the family!
Playing with Hailey after swimming and sprinkler jumping!

Katrina and little Aiden watching the fireworks! He didn't mind them at all! He's such a cutie!!

Mom, Hailey, Spencer (Anthony's buddy) Katrina, Aiden and Anthony.


Our little fireworks show!



Hailey got wind that there were ice cream cones to be had, and she wanted in on that action, so I shared mine with her!



Hailey was all tuckered out and just wanted Grandpa to read to her!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! So much fun!! You look so cute in all of these pictures! And, your Dad is so cute with all of the kids!

MB said...

YAY! It sounds like you had a great 4th! I'm really glad!

Allison said...

I always think of you on the 4th because I remember that it's your favorite :) I'm glad you had a good time. Your niece is adorable!