"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ruffle Cake

My mom makes cakes (wedding, birthday, just because it's Wednesday, ect) and she is AMAZING at it! She usually lets me tag a long and I carry stuff and assist with different things but on this cake she actually LET me do something!! Woot woot!! This was a cake for a friend of mom's and she wanted us to try this new cake style.  I got to do the ruffling of the fondant and I thought that was a pretty good deal until we had to do it. About half-way through the cake I was about done. It was 2 a.m. and my hands were blistered and TIRED but I persevered thanks to my mom's cheering and encouragement and by 3:30 a.m. we were finally DONE!! We delivered it today but they couple didn't have the flowers there yet so we didn't get any pictures with the flowers but we're hoping the gal sends us some of the FINAL final cake. So here are the pictures we do have:



1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Wow that is incredible! That looks like a TON of work! Awesome job it is beautiful!