"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas

“ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16


What a beautiful scripture. At this time of year where we give and receive gifts – I always try to remember the most AMAZING gift of all time.  Jesus Christ – our brother, our confidant, our spiritual shoulder to cry on, He REALLY knows our pain and suffering and He is there to help you get where you need to be. He does have all the answers  and we need to remind ourselves to seek those gifts and blessing that he is ready and willing to give to us if we just ask. Sorta like Santa, I suppose. Sit on his lap, tell him what you want or need and he’ll see what he can do.
The first part of the scripture reminds me of what the meaning of life is. “For God so loved the world…”  GOD LOVES US. Each and every one of us. I was trying to teach my little niece about our puppy. Sometimes he chews on their toys or shoes or eats  all of my socks and that doesn’t make him a bad puppy, just a puppy trying to learn and makes mistakes a long the way and that does not change the love we have for the puppy. That is what we as humans need to remember that we are good people just trying to learn and making mistakes a long the way. But what is promised to us is that GOD LOVES US, JESUS CHRIST LOVES US and if we can embrace that; do what we can to do what is right we can feel Their love.  And as we find ourselves feeling the love of Christ and the knowledge that God really loves us, enough to send his only Son to die for us so we can all live again, we find ourselves sharing that love with others. 
Love – that is what I learn each Christmas.  To really love others and look at them through God’s eyes and see their potential and the love he has there for that person, it makes it so much easier to love others – even when we don’t like them too much. It also helps me to remember to accept that love. That is the hardest part of all. I need to see myself through God’s eyes and see his love for me and all of my potential.
So my message to you is to remember the reason for the season and to just love. 
I WISH YOU A HAPPY, VERY MERRY AND LOVING CHRISTMAS
All my love to you,
Stacie.
P.S. I absolutely adore this video, I may have posted this previously but thought watching it again couldn't possible hurt anyone. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Steffanie said...

:-) You're amazing!!

Heather said...

Yep, you guessed it, I'm sitting at work, waiting for a chart to upload...and Crying. Thanks for that, I look like a CrAzY Person. But your message touched me, and I just love you. And I will be forever grateful for our friendship. Thanks for sharing

Jenn said...

I have never seen that video before and it is awesome! Thanks for sharing.