"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Friday, December 30, 2011

GOALS

I'm not going to make "New Year's Resolutions" because by their very nature resolutions are meant to be broken- or at least I always break them so I assume that is why people make them... so they have something to break. I have instead decided to make goals. Goals that just happen to start at the beginning of the year. These goals are mostly to just improve myself so that I can come closer the person I am striving to be. Since it's easier to account to others and easier to keep track of if they are written down here goes....

  • Read my scriptures every day, at the beginning of the day not when I'm half asleep right before bed and not getting any thing from it.
  • Write in my journal every night, even when there is nothing to report.
  • Be more kind in my thoughts and actions
  • Do more service

  • Become more social (this one is gonna be a doosey! I'm not a very social person!)
  • Weight loss goal: lose 30lbs by my 30th birthday and if possible lose 60lbs by next Christmas... that is going BIG though, losing 60lbs would put me at my all time not likely to happen "goal weight." 
  • Be more healthy - I'm not going to "diet" because I'm horrible at dieting but I am going to do my best to make healthier choices and exercise more consistently. (I sorta have to if I want to meet my previous goal)
  • Get my first kiss - I know what you're thinking "WHAT SHE'S NEVER BEEN KISSED? HOW OLD IS SHE?!" I do it too. But I have had some weird issues that I have been working out with my therapist and I think I'm in a better place to be in a relationship and hopefully get that first kiss I've been waiting my whole life for. (No pressure future boy that I will kiss!) So I definitely better get on that "being more social" goal or this may never happen! Plus I'm paranoid about having bad breath and what if I go in for the big kiss and the guy is totally grossed out because I have weird breath?? It's okay Self, you can do it! (Yes, I just gave myself a pep talk.)
  • Go to Disneyland again (though this one is already in the works... I'm gonna have the best 30th birthday EVER!! But that's because if I don't I'm probably going to have a SERIOUS panic attack... 30 is SO old. Not for other people, I just feel like I'm so behind and have a lot of "catching up" to do, it's overwhelming. But not this year, I'm going to be having FUN on my big day!)
So these are my goals. Hopefully this time next year I will be a better person and be able to make more goals to continue to better myself.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great goals Stace! You can accomplish them all! And enjoy that first kiss! :) And nobody has been worth your first kiss. Think of it that way cuz it's true :) Can't wait to hear all the juicy details about it!

Amy said...

I'm excited to hear about how your goals come along through out the year! I'm totally rooting for your first kiss. How awesome would it be to get your first kiss at Disneyland on your 30th? Have fun this year!!