"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Word of the day.... well, of MY day at least.

spoonerism \SPOO-nuh-riz-uhm\ , noun:
                         The transposition of usually initial sounds in a pair of words.

Some examples:
  • We all know what it is to have a half-warmed fish ["half-formed wish"] inside us.
  • A well-boiled icicle ["well-oiled bicycle"].
  • It is kisstomary to cuss ["customary to kiss"] the bride.
  • Is the bean dizzy ["dean busy"]?
  • When the boys come back from France, we'll have the hags flung out ["flags hung out"]!
  • Let me sew you to your sheet ["show you to your seat"].
I only experience this EVERYDAY! Sometimes I worry about myself.

1 comment:

Ben and Ashlee said...

haha! I like it! :) Remember, "Stay seated" and "Actually", and we thoguht people were calling our names! :)