"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stadium of Fire 7.3.10

We went to the Stadium of Fire last night. It was the first time I've ever gone and it was so fun. I've always watched the fireworks from outside the stadium but this time I got to see them up close and they were AMAZING! So much better from the inside!!! Carrie Underwood was the headliner performer. We all love her. We voted for her when she was on American Idol like crazy. And since then, we've just loved her! So it was such a treat to be able to see her live. My dad wanted to go so badly, in fact he was the one who so excitedly suggested we go, but morning of the show, he came down with the stomach flu :( I felt so bad. Poor guy. We were able to find someone to take his ticket, my cousin Emilee came, and we had a lot of fun! Since Dad wasn't able to come, we made sure to take LOTS of pictures and videos!

Stadium of Fire Dancers

Lou Diamond Philips hosted the show



Carrie Underwood sang the national anthem and then the Air Force Blue Angels flew over. I LOVE the flyby every year. I don't really know why, but it's always a favorite thing of mine from the holiday.




The Osmond 2nd Generation performed a song or two. They're so cute!!!



Carrie Underwood performing. She is so amazing! There were a couple of times I got a little teary when she sang some of her songs!

The fireworks! .

What a great night! Happy Birthday to my Country! On my old Bishop's (Dave Williams) facebook status a few days ago he wrote:

On this Independence Day, let us remember the sacrifices that have been made for our freedom. Let us also remember that America is not defined by the politicians who run it, but the people who love it. These patriotic quotes remind us that patriotism in America does not mean following blindly, but rather it means holding to the ideals that gave birth to this great nation.
I really loved this and wanted to share it with you. Happy Independence day to everyone. I hope it's a great one for you.

1 comment:

Lisa Elmer said...

I loved this show. We had a great time. I was so busy with pictures that I want a replay.haha