"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A little over a week ago one of the girls I work with asked me if I was going to the Real Salt Lake Soccer game that was a few nights later. I was a bit confused because I'm not really a soccer fan. Not that I don't like soccer, just that I don't really know much about it, so I was perplexed by the question. She gave me this incredulous look and said "Stace, David Cook will be there!"
"WHAT?!!!"
How did I not know this? I had to jump online and find some tickets, now to find someone to go with me, after texting several people realizing nobody was available to go with me, I started getting nervous.... I had to go! Thankfully, my mom was able to finagle a way to get someone to work her late shift so she could go with me. She saved me from having to go by myself! I didn't realize 'til we got there how big the game was. We were playing against the LA Galaxy who we beat at the championships last year, so it was a huge deal. (p.s. David Beckam plays for that team however he was not there that night, I think it was because of the world cup) It was a sold out game, so we were lucky to get tickets. Thanks to the annoying guy behind us and the nice lady next to us, Mom and I figured out the basics of the game. It was so much fun. I would love to go to another game, even if David Cook wasn't there. Of course if David Cook was there... well that wouldn't hurt!

It was an amazing game, we won. The National Anthem (sung by David Cook of course) was awesome. I always get a little teary when I hear the National Anthem but because I heart David so much, it just made it that much better! Then post game, he came back out and had a concert. So much fun! It was such a great night!!

Thanks Heather for telling me about the game!
Thanks Mom for coming with me!
Thanks Real Salt Lake for playing a great game!
Thanks David Cook for making my day!

Oh and there was a decent size thunderstorm that came through. They had to stop the game for a bit to wait for it to pass but it just made for a great picture. Here are some fun ones from the night.....

This was the guy who scored the one and only winning point!

Here's a video I took. It's not the best quality video but I don't care :)

No comments: