"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Soft Pretzels

Yesterday I was craving a soft pretzel. The only place near my work that has them is at Target's(trust me, I've called around)food court. So yesterday I went there by myself and ordered my pretzel and sat in the middle of the seating area packed with mothers and screaming kids and ate my food and read a book. There is something about sitting all alone and reading that really makes me happy. It's liberating (not as much as skinny-dipping but that's a whole other story!!) I like to think all of those moms were jealous... it's a ridiculous concept but I'd like to think they were rather than thinking I'm super weird to come all the way to Target to eat a pretzel and a Slurpee. The moral of my story is lost on me. I can't even remember why I thought I'd share it but here it is. Take if for what it's worth....

Oh and I have some pictures and posts of the Trace Atkins and Toby Keith concert. I just have to get off my lazy caboose and download the pictures and videos. So soon to come more exciting posts and pictures!!

4 comments:

The Smiths said...

Yes I am sure the others were jealous! I know I would be. Even though I have one kid, I would still be jealous of you, even if it was in Target. Just the fact that you were able to be alone, reading a book, and enjoying a yummy treat, sounds wonderful to me. Those were the days.

Shawna said...

I live right by Target and sometimes I go to the food court just for dinner. At first I felt weird about walking in and going directly to the food court then not even shopping after, but I have definitely gotten over that! Glad you enjoyed the pretzel!! :)

Rob and Emmalee said...

coming from a mom, I am sure they were jealous. that is if they had a chance to look away from their kids. I know I'm jealous just hearing you can do that.

Janice said...

Just reading about it makes me jealous~ I'd give anything to be able to have an entire pretzel to myself! I get the apprehension of the Target food court. I used to find it kind of weird too until I realized that I could get a popcorn and soda to tide the kids over while I shopped. My shopping trips have been sooooo much better!