"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stop Sign Violation

So today on the way home from work I got pulled over. I had apparently stopped at a stop sign but not at the line that's twenty feet away from the intersection. So needless to say I got a citation for it. I have the opportunity to go to traffic school to have it taken off my driving record but I'll have to pay the ticket, pay the $62 for traffic school and then a $32 charge for taxes or something like that. So for over $100 dollars I can get it off my record or I could just pay the ticket and let it be on my record. I don't know what to do. It's so frustrating because I did actually stop and the officer even said I did. Couldn't a little warning just have done?? Oh well. What can you do?

Good news is... The officer was pretty good looking (not to be disrespectful to the officer of the law!!)

Any way, I guess I'll just go to traffic school. I've always wanted to go (I realize I'm dumb) but I don't want to pay that much for it.

3 comments:

Ben and Ashlee said...

He should have let you go with a warning!!! Stinky Police Officer. I got pulled over once because the Officer said I didn't fully stopped, but I swear I did. Luckily, it was in Spanish Fork, so he let me go. I had to go to traffic school another time, and it wasn't to bad. It was actually kind of fun. They showed some fun videos.

Allison said...

Stacie, that stinks!! I had to go to traffic school once in Utah. It was boring, but not horrible. It's just a 1hr class in Utah, right? I got a ticket in TX once and had to do a 6hr online course, which was miserable!!! I'd say do traffic school...if you just paid the ticket, it would increase your insurance rates and everything, and just be even worse than if you just went to traffic school. I'm sorry you got a ticket, and that it was for a lame reason :(

MB said...

I just got a ticket for a stop sign too! But, they told me it was for a "rolling stop" so, traffic school for me too :(