"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Peanut Butter

I love peanut butter. I love it creamy and smooth as well as the crunchy kind. My whole life I've loved peanut butter (now to be addressed as PB.) For awhile I didn't eat it much because I thought it was bad for you, granted it's not great but it's loaded with good fats and lots of protein. Perfect on a slice of bread before heading to the gym. I also love when you first open a jar and the top is all smooth and untouched.... I LOVE to be the first one to mess it up. It thrills me! However, my love for it is hampered by the fact that as you get farther down in the jar you are on the road of not reaching the bottom quarter of the jar. Today I was trying to spread some on my toast and my utensil was not long enough so I had my entire hand shoved into the jar to get to the PB. There is still a good amount left in the bottom, but I can hardly reach it. So after I finally got the PB on my utensil I pulled my hand out of the jar and it's naturally covered in PB. Now I have to lick my hands off, then wash them and I still smell like PB all day long. Can somebody please invent a way to fix this problem??? I know my friend's husband (Ben...the husband of Jena) was on to something a while ago but I haven't heard anything since. I will forever and always love it but I'd like to not have these problems with it. I thought about just purchasing a smaller jar but that is not as thrifty as a big jar. I hope this message reaches the makers of PB and they'll think of a clever way to create the jars to more appease my demands.

3 comments:

Me said...

Are spatulas longer? Germ-x seems to get the smell of pickles and lunch meat off my hands...haven't tried it with PB yet.

PS..you are hilarious!

Rob and Emmalee said...

I would say use a spatula. that is what my family always used growing up. I'm so glad I found your blog, I love your randomness.

Janice said...

You crack me up! I no longer have that problem with peanut butter. Nolan solved it long ago with his peanut allergy~ so we no longer have any jars of PB in our house :) Don't they make squeezable PB now? I know it a little more money, but it solves the problem.