"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Drama Queen

So if you don't know me very well you might not know that I can be a titch on the dramatic side (okay, even if you don't know me you'd probably be able to figure that one out yourself...) and that I'm a scholechipobe (fear of worms.) Well this has nothing to do with worms but about me being dramatic. Last night I was walking through my room and about a foot away from me all of a sudden something dark and about the size of a large quarter (maybe the size of a 50 cent piece, hard to know for sure, I didn't get a chance to pull out a measuring tape) zoomed past me and straight under my bed. When I say zoom I mean zoom. I don't think I've every seen anything move so fast. Because it moved so quickly I couldn't tell for sure what it might be but I knew that a few weeks ago we killed a little mouse in our house (just call me Dr. Seuss if you will) so I proceeded to question those around me about how fast mice may or may not move. Well, it turns out they can move very quickly. By the way I screamed like a maniac when he ran past me. Anyway, as I learn this information standing halfway down the stairs of our house, I start jumping around and sobbing. My dad set a trap in my room to try to lure him out from under my bed, but had no luck then. So the whole point of this story is that I never thought of myself as a squirmy kind of girl (well except for worms as noted above) but it turns out I am and it all stems from my dramatic personality! Now I have to run across the room and jump about two feet to my bed and land on it just in case he runs out from under my bed until we catch him.... or her I suppose. It made making my bed this morning quite tricky :) Here's hoping that we will catch the mouse and be able to move on with life!!!

2 comments:

James and Virginia Henry said...

Hey, I'm the same way! They totally creep me out, too. I have also done the flying leap into bed "just in case"...and then completely stripped it and thoroughly inspected every inch, just to make sure! eww!

Steffanie said...

I love reading your stories! They always make me laugh. I'm glad that you caught him! I'm sad that you itch after eating cool ranch doritos, however, very glad that you got to enjoy the deliciousness before the itching began... so sad that i didn't get to see you very long on sunday :(