"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Mondays


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My friend Janice had this on her blog and I thought it sounded fun. Just a great way to vent about the imperfections of life.

So here's to my imperfections in all their glory....

This last week I definitely did not eat and eat and eat and blame it on my birth control, I did not hide in the pantry and consume almost an entire bag of Chips Ahoy cookies and I for sure did not weigh myself every morning wondering why in the world the numbers are just not going down. Nor did I eat two servings of ice cream at my cousin's baby's birthday party.

I did all of my laundry and naturally hung all of the clothes up and/or put them away. I would never let them sit on top of my bed all day long and then put them on the floor at night before sleeping only to relocate the clothes back on top of my bed. I also did not iron my skirt for church with my hair straightener. I always use the iron and ironing board.

I went shopping and did not buy two new pairs of shoes. I didn't spend more money on shoes that even though I may think I need, I don't actually need. I always keep my shoes stacked up nicely and never leave them haphazardly lying around so that I trip and fall and nearly get a black eye.

I always brush and floss my teeth before bed , no matter what. I could be on my death bed and I would never think of not brushing. Same with washing my face before bed, never do I forget.

Finally, you can bet your bottom dollar that I didn't sit around napping, reading and watching my shows on my days off instead of cleaning, running errands or going to the gym.

Let's see what everyone else has going or not going on in life. Join the fun!!

5 comments:

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does the bed/floor tango with my laundry! My husband gets so mad at me for it! Happy Monday!
My Not Me! Monday

Janice said...

Love it! I think laundry is a very common theme in the lives of women!

Steffanie said...

you are freakin' hilarious!! i love you! i did not have two scoops of ice cream either!!

Me said...

HA HA HA!!
I miss you massively.

I definitely do not hang out in my pjs all day using Ellie as an excuse to not cook or clean or shower...or anything productive.

Lisa Elmer said...

Stacie,, you are a riot. You need to post these stories in some kind of columnist newspaper form. People would then be able to get on with there lives knowing that for the rest of there day they are normal and have a smile on there face all day long.