"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Late Night/Early Morning Jibberish

It's after 3 a.m. right now. I have been having trouble sleeping the past few days. Averaging about 2 hours a night, but tonight nothing is helping!! But on the good side I've had a lot of time to think these last few days.
This morning when I was walking out the door to leave for work, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful it was outside. We got lots of snow over night and it was quiet and nobody was moving yet. The best part about it was the family of birds that were singing their morning song. I don't know if they are unaware that they should be in New Mexico right now, maybe they missed the memo, but it was so nice to hear them. I had to do a double take to make sure that indeed there was 2 feet of snow and that I was dressed properly in my snow boots and big snow jacket, gloves and a hat and not a warm summer morning. Even though it's scary to drive in it, I do love the snow. It's just incredible.
Something else I think is incredible.... Facsimile machines (aka fax machine) How in the world does it send the information through a telephone line??? It's always something that has seriously perplexed my little brain. I don't know if I could handle the answer even so I'm letting it be one of those questions I won't know the answer to until I die. I've accepted that and it's okay.
In a world where there is so much tribulation and dangers and heartache everywhere, at times overwhelming, there is much to complain about. But today even though I really wish I were sleeping, if I were I wouldn't be thinking about this, and I know it's going to be rough come 6 a.m. when I'll need to start getting ready for my long day ahead, I'm going to find the good things in life. It's in those small things that we find our hope. The other day I was at the gas station filling up and there was a guy about my age just on the other side of my pump. We were all scraping and wiping our cars off because it was snowing so hard you couldn't keep up, and this young man walked over to another car and started scraping off her car. Both of our cars finished up at the same time and as I was getting into my car I glanced over at this nice man and he motioned for me to go first, then said he would wait to make sure I got out alright. His kindness, such small acts, warmed my heart. It gave me hope in mankind. Going to church a few weeks ago and hearing a sweet little five year old tell a story about how God answered her sweet and trusting prayer gave me hope not only in Heavenly Father but also in the next generation. They are so strong already, what will they do with the world when it comes time for them to take over? All is not lost in the world today. So many things to see, lets all keep a watch out for these small things and see what a big difference it can make on our lives. And maybe, just maybe, we can find ourselves inspiring others.

3 comments:

Ben and Ashlee said...

Wow Stacie...You were up pretty early!! Your the best!!

Steffanie said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on life and that I am missing all of the blessings Heavenly Father is pouring over me. You are such an inspiration to me! Thank you for helping me think of all the wonderful things in my life!

Shawna said...

Haha. . the fax machine is what you seriously wonder about? You are so silly! :)